Guideline For Parents
To attain the high aim the school intends for all the students, full co-operation of the parents or guardians is imperative. The best of school training is seriously crippled unless the home plays its part. In order to secure all that is best in the education of the child maximum co-operation between the parents and the school authorities is necessary. Parents are requested to see that their children spend at least two hours, in the evening on reading and writing. All parents are earnestly asked to ensure that the ideas of courtesy and gentle manliness which are proposed to the children during school hours lives in their home life.
Parents should co-operate with the school’s efforts by their total involvement to bring about maturity in their children. This calls for a real understanding of the school?s philosophy, it means that parents should strive to be living examples of the values taught to and expected of their wards, it means keeping the Principle and the concerned teachers informed of any special problems, family circumstances which are necessary for proper understanding and guidance of their wards. The school desires to have your co-operation and close contact with the teachers of your child in order to develop an atmosphere that is conducive to better and more effective education.
School diary is one of the links which bridges the home and the school gap, it is an effective medium to attain total harmony /rapport between the home and school.
- The school diary given to your children has been introduced for you and the school management to communicate effectively. It is essential that you inspect your child’s diary every day.
- All such communication must be counter signed by you so that we know that you have read them.
- Do ensure that your ward does not carry any money to school unless accompanied by a letter.
- In the event that you wish to communicate with the class teacher, please use the ruled pages-parent’s Remarks/Requested.
- Absence of your child from class for attending social functions is discouraged because it retards the child’s progress and minimize his/her interested in regular school work.
- Children should do their home work by themselves. Parents should not do the home work or write in the copy/book of their ward, the work do the missed during his/her absence. It is important that the children to develop a habit of studying and working on their own.
- Attention of parents is drawn is the fact that criticism of the teacher or school in the presence of their children should be scrupulously avoided because it causes the students to loose respect for their teachers with the consequent failure to learn from them. It further retards his/her progress. Should you have a legitimate complaint, please meet the principle at once or write in a separate letter addressed to her. She will look into these matters personally.
- Any communication made by parents/guardians should be addressed to the principle and not to the class teachers and all correspondence from the school to the parents must be through principle.
- Parents are not allowed to see their children or meet the teachers during school hours.
- Private tuition's are discouraged.
- As the medium of instruction is English, children should be helped to follow their classes easily by a certain amount of regular conversation in a cultural manner in this language at home.
- please see that your ward carries text/exercise books according to the time table everyday. No extra books are allowed.
- Kindly ensure that your ward prepares for the class/surprise Test/ Examination.
- Encourage your ward to take a balanced interested in studies, co-curricular activities and sports.
- It is strictly prohibited to bring to school valuable or other articles the school authorities shall not be held responsible for the loss.
- Children should be instructed to be careful bout his/her possessions. Students are not allowed to wear Jewellery. In school. Violation of these rules will result in heavy fines.
- If your ward is absent from school, he/she must take up all the work he/she has missed.
- Supplementary notices from the school will be placed inside the front cover flap. Please acknowledge receipt of these as well.
- It is mandatory that the diary is maintained properly and is carried to school every day.
- Guardians are advised not to send sick child to school.
- The students should be recognized not only by their uniform but also by their good conduct and behavior as students of Gyan Jyoti Awasiya Vidayalaya.